Q. My wife has hemorrhoid. How can she get relief from anal pain and swelling?

Answered by
Dr. Pooja Pardhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

Hello doctor,

My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this.

Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus opening is swollen.

Yesterday, she was identified to have a small hemorrhoid. The pain is very severe.

Please suggest an effective tablet for the pain relief and to cure hemorrhoid. She had Zerodol-SP, Ibuprofen and Chymoral plus, but of no use.

Still, she has pain. Also, she takes Himalaya Eve for PCOS and Iron supplement. 10 years ago, she had the same problem.

Please provide your valuable suggestion on medication.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health.

As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter.

I suggest tablet Acenac-P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) along with tablet Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) twice a day for three days.

Also, I suggest her apply Diltiact gel (Diltiazem) over the anal area and inside the anus with finger twice daily.

I suggest you to consult a surgeon as soon as possible to avoid any complication. She may need some intervention.

Also, I suggest you try sitz bath. Take a tub and add warm water in it and a few drops of Dettol. Tell her to sit in that tub for about 20 minutes. It will give some relief.

Ask her to drink plenty of water and take more of the fibers in the diet in the form of salads and green leafy vegetables. Avoid tea, coffee, spicy and oily food.

Probable diagnosis:


Regarding follow up:

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

Could you tell me the dosage of Acenac-P and Chymoral forte?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Acenac-P 100 mg / 500 mg and continue Chymoral as she had before.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

She is using the medicines suggested by you. The pain and swelling near the anal area did not reduce and the swollen veins are visible near the anal area. Could you suggest any other way to get relief from the pain and to treat the swelling?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • As I have previously mentioned that the hemorrhoid might have strangulated. She is having severe pain and you should consult a surgeon as soon as possible.
  • The medications are not helping means that her problem is severe. A surgeon can do digital per rectal examination and will recommend any procedure could be done if needed.
  • My advice is you should consult a surgeon as soon as possible to avoid any complication related to that.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

Can this problem treated with medicine? Or does she require any surgery?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • Only after her physical examination, per rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy it will become clear whether her hemorrhoid will be treated medically or surgically.
  • For the above you have to consult a surgeon. Probably her problem is severe and so it is not relieved with medicines.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What medicines to take for anal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full »

I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.  Read Full »

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.