Q. My wife has hemorrhoid. How can she get relief from anal pain and swelling?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Jul 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this.

Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus opening is swollen.

Yesterday, she was identified to have a small hemorrhoid. The pain is very severe.

Please suggest an effective tablet for the pain relief and to cure hemorrhoid. She had Zerodol-SP, Ibuprofen and Chymoral plus, but of no use.

Still, she has pain. Also, she takes Himalaya Eve for PCOS and Iron supplement. 10 years ago, she had the same problem.

Please provide your valuable suggestion on medication.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health.

As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter.

I suggest tablet Acenac-P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) along with tablet Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) twice a day for three days.

Also, I suggest her apply Diltiact gel (Diltiazem) over the anal area and inside the anus with finger twice daily.

I suggest you to consult a surgeon as soon as possible to avoid any complication. She may need some intervention.

Also, I suggest you try sitz bath. Take a tub and add warm water in it and a few drops of Dettol. Tell her to sit in that tub for about 20 minutes. It will give some relief.

Ask her to drink plenty of water and take more of the fibers in the diet in the form of salads and green leafy vegetables. Avoid tea, coffee, spicy and oily food.

Hemorrhoids.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Could you tell me the dosage of Acenac-P and Chymoral forte?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

Acenac-P 100 mg / 500 mg and continue Chymoral as she had before.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

She is using the medicines suggested by you. The pain and swelling near the anal area did not reduce and the swollen veins are visible near the anal area. Could you suggest any other way to get relief from the pain and to treat the swelling?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

Hi

• As I have previously mentioned that the hemorrhoid might have strangulated. She is having severe pain and you should consult a surgeon as soon as possible.
  • The medications are not helping means that her problem is severe. A surgeon can do digital per rectal examination and will recommend any procedure could be done if needed.
  • My advice is you should consult a surgeon as soon as possible to avoid any complication related to that.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can this problem treated with medicine? Or does she require any surgery?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

• Only after her physical examination, per rectal examination and sigmoidoscopy it will become clear whether her hemorrhoid will be treated medically or surgically.
  • For the above you have to consult a surgeon. Probably her problem is severe and so it is not relieved with medicines.

Kindly suggest medicines for anal pain.

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that due to constipation you have developed the pain of the rectum. Relieve the constipation by taking non-irritative purgative. My favorite is Movicol (Polyethylene glycol) with one glass of water at bedtime for two to three weeks. Rule out other causes of con...  Read Full

I have anal pain even two weeks after a piles surgery. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I had undergone piles surgery two weeks ago. Still, I have pain in the anal area during bowel movements.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. After surgery, the pain might take some time to subside. In some patients, it goes away in one to two weeks. However, in some people, it takes up to four weeks. It is normal, do not worry. However, if you face unbearable pain, then do consult y...  Read Full

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Medhun Kumar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem. Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone. And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it ...  Read Full