Q. What is the treatment for hemorrhoids?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

There is a sharp pain, itching and burning sensation in my anus. I am suffering from hemorrhoids. I am taking ointment and painkiller with a sitz bath. What can I do to treat them?

#

According to the history, you are having piles of a greater degree. Your local anal examination and proctoscopy examination has to be done to check rectum and anal area to look for ulceration associated with piles. Take less spicy foods. Do not strain while defecation. Nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drug can be prescribed like Brufen (Ibuprofen) for pain and inflammation relief. Stool softner like Cremaffin syrup can be taken to reduce the friction while passing stool and water sitz bath are useful. If you are having prolapse associated or piles non-treatable with medication, then surgical intervention might be needed.

For more information consult a preventive medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/preventive-medicine-physician

|