Q. Why is my anti-HAV IgG reactive?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I have attached my hepatitis blood profile for your reference. I just want to make sure that everything is clear. The report includes Hep B surface antigen 0.26 (non-reactive), Anti-HBs 1.85 (non-reactive), Anti-HBc 0.10 (non-reactive), Hbe-antigen 0.34 (non-reactive), Anti-HBe 2.02 (non-reactive) and anti-HAV (IgG) 1.56 (reactive). My current medication includes Doxycycline and Echinacea. Thank you very much.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed your blood report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Regarding your hepatitis profile, everything is normal.
  • Anti-HAV (IgG) is reactive. It indicates that in the past you might have been infected with hepatitis A virus. But, now it has cleared and no treatment needed for it.
  • I can see your fasting glucose, total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol are raised. At your age, especially if you are overweight then this calls for dietary changes and lifestyle regulations.
  • Try to consume less of high calorie, high fat and high sugar containing foods.
  • If you smoke then quit smoking. Alcohol consumption should also be limited because chronically raised cholesterol can affect your cardiac status in the longer run.
  • If you are overweight then your doctor may start you on Atorvastatin if the lifestyle and dietary regulations fail to lower the cholesterol levels.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

With regards to my cholesterol I have been wondering why it is so high. I have been eating properly and I train in boxing at least two to three times a week and I run in between. My mother also has the same problem. I have also stopped drinking for almost three weeks and I do not smoke. I will try to make some more adjustments to my food by reducing butter.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• In some people, there may be a genetic tendency for hypercholesterolemia.
  • Yes, butter can be a culprit if had in excess. Plant fat is better than animal fat.
  • It is good that you are doing physical activity. Please do continue it.
  • You can try bringing out some dietary modifications and then may repeat cholesterol profile.
  • Also check your fasting blood glucose after three months. Good luck.

Revert back after three months to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|