Q. Can you please suggest medicines based on the endoscopy report?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2021

I am a patient having a chronic liver disease with HCC. Currently, I am taking Novidat 500 mg for five days, Spasfon, Risek 500 mg for 14 days and Uroso 250 mg for 14 days. Even after taking these medicines, I still have pain in my stomach. There is no benefit. My endoscopy reports show a normal upper and middle third of esophagus. There is post banding sclerosis seen in lower third of esophagus. There is no fundal varix seen. I have abnormal, erythematosus and congested mucosa seen in the gastric body and antrum. I have a normal duodenal bulb and descending duodenum. Kindly suggest medicine.

#

From your description, HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma) causes stomach pain in you. It occurs when you have significant necrosis within the center of HCC with the presence of vascular or capsular involvement. I suggest you do a complete CT (computed tomography) scan with HCC protocol to establish the cause of pain and then you can get treatment accordingly. The pain of acidity and erythema seen on endoscopy should be controlled with risk. If the pain is not resolving, then it can occur secondary to a tumor in the liver. Share the reports of CT scan if you have done already. If the mentioned findings are shown in ultrasound, then do a CT scan abdomen with a triphasic protocol or HCC protocol. You can take capsule Tramadol 100 mg for pain. But it can cause constipation and drowsiness if it is taken excessively.

You have hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).

I suggest you do a CT (computed tomography) scan with HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma) protocol. It helps to have a specific treatment plan for the management of HCC. It also helps in treating the cause of liver cirrhosis.

|