Q. What are the best ways to lower blood pressure at home?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 08, 2021

My dad is 61 years old. He is having hypertension and I would like to know the best ways to reduce blood pressure at home. Hypertension runs in our family and he has pain in his nape area. He has a blood pressure of 150/100 mmHg. He had the same issue last month and his blood pressure was 160/100 mmHg and he had dizziness without energy. He is taking Losartan 50 mg.

#

Blood pressure should be less than 140/90 mmHg and Losartan can be taken as one tablet a day instead of half. Avoid giving excessive salt and give him plenty of fruits if he is not diabetic and plenty of green leafy vegetables. He needs to do regular exercise like brisk walking atleast thirty minutes a day. If you are using an electronic BP (blood pressure) apparatus, then his arm should be resting on the table and keep him completely relaxed. You should take three readings at a time and an average of three should be considered.

|