Q. What is leukocytosis with lymphocytosis? Is it some kind of a cancer?

Last reviewed at: Oct 09, 2018

My height is 5 feet 2 inches, and I weigh 90 kg. I got my thyroid tests done. I am already taking Eltroxin 50 mcg daily. Please check the reports and let me know what can be done.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

• Your reports say (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that your TSH, T3, and T4 are normal.
  • I suggest Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg is enough to keep your thyroid functions in the normal range. So, continue the same dose.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Can you please tell me about the reports doctor? What is leukocytosis with lymphocytosis? Is it some sort of cancer?

#

• Leukocytosis is usually seen in conditions of infection and lymphocytosis is seen in viral infections like in common cold and sore through. However, it is not cancer. In cancer cases, patients have lymphoblasts and not lymphocytes.
  • For your kind information, you do not even have lymphocytosis as there is only 33 % of total leukocytes present whereas the normal is only 40.
  • The one thing which is of significance is the rise in the eosinophil count which occurs generally in people with allergic conditions and those with parasitic infestations like gut worms. So, I would suggest you take a single tablet of Albendazole 400 mg, but that too only one dose. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is very important for the baby's brain growth as rightly said by you. Therefore, it is imperative that we treat aggressively. Target TSH in the first trimester is 0.3 - 2.5 mIU/L and therefore the doctor did not change the treatment. I ho...  Read Full

Do low TSH level and Low FT4 mean hyperthyroid?

Query: Dear Doctor, After my tubal pregnancy my thyroids started acting low TSH 0.11 0.21 0.26 and low FT4 0.81 0.82 0.79 .076. But did not visit the doctor yet. Is it hyperactivity thyroid? Give me any advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Low levels of both TSH and FT4 indicate that the problem is at Pituitary or Hypothalamus level and NOT Thyroid. Also, your thyroid is NOT hyperactive and your thyroids are apparently functioning normally. You will therefore require further evaluation to localize the site o...  Read Full

Eosinophilia: A Brief Discussion Regarding Causes and Management

Article Overview: Eosinophilia or a rise in the eosinophil count can occur due to allergy or skin infection, or due to HIV infection or cancer. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

Eosinophilia Definition Eosinophilia is said to be present when the absolute eosinophil count is more than 400/cmm (some books mention eosinophilia when the absolute count is more than 500/cmm). Etiology: I will describe in brief the causes of eosinophilia so that it will help in detecting the und...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now