Q. My lipid profile is deranged with high triglycerides. Should I start on medication?

Answered by
Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am 34 years old.

My lipid profile shows:

Total cholesterol 154 mg/dL

HDL 26.8 mg/dL

LDL 67.9 mg/dL

Triglyceride 298 mg/dL

FBS is 95mg/dL and RBS 132 mg/dL.

Blood pressure 146/82 mmHg.

Can I use the cholesterol medicine for triglycerides?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from back pain and hypertriglyceridemia with low HDL (high density lipoprotein) level. You have a high VLDL (very level density lipoprotein) level too.

For your abnormal lipid profile level, you should avoid fatty foods and dairy products. You can take Fenofibrate for your high triglycerides level along with Omega-3 fatty acid for your low HDL level. Continue these medications for abnormal lipid profile and do repeat your lipid profile after three months later. For your back pain, you can take Naproxen with Baclofen, Calcium with vitamin D supplements. So you can continue the medications as follows.

Capsule Lofibra (Fenofibrate) 200 mg 0+0+1 (after meal), tablet Naprosyn 500 mg 1+0+1 (after meal) for 10 days, tablet Lioresal (Baclofen) 10 mg 1+0+1 for one month, tablet Carbocal D 400 0+1+0 for two months, capsule Bio Marine, Omega-3, and Fish oil 0+1+0 (continue), tablet Prevacid (Lansoprazole) 30 mg 1+0+0 (before meal) for one month.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Understanding Low Back Pain

.. commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation .. ...   Read full

Experiencing severe back pain following cervical polypectomy. Is it normal?

.. normal to experience reddish brown discharge for 4-5 days post cervical polypectomy, but it should not cause any back pain per se unless there has been a secondary infection or vaginitis or bacterial vaginosis which is quite likely with vinegar sm...   Read full

How can I lower my raised cholesterol levels?

It was my cholesterol which surprised me ... I have never suffered from high cholesterol but over the past three years, it has kept up and recent tests showed serum ch...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have high cholesterol, high triglycerides and high blood pressure. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have high cholesterol, high triglycerides and also high blood pressure. Please help.  Read Full »

My cholesterol level is low but triglyceride is high. Is 10 mg statin sufficient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 76-year-old male. I have the following conditions. 1. IHD for many years (T wave inversion). Recently undergone TMT and 2D echo. Both are negative. 2. Mild BP is normal and under control. 3. Thyroid under control. 4. Diabetes for five years and under control. 5. Prostatom...  Read Full »

I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.