Q. What is the risk of high triglycerides?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having high triglycerides around 250 to 500, but very low LDL around 30 to 45 for the last five years. Kindly help. What should I do? I swim five days a week for 20 minutes daily. I am currently on tablet vitamin B12 and Zinc supplement. I have also attached my laboratory reports.

#

We are here to help you.

• Increase in triglycerides of this level should be treated with Fenofibrate.
  • I would recommend to reduce potato, rice and sweets. In case you consume alcohol you should quit it.
  • Continue with swimming and in winters do jogging.

For further doubts consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is the reason for such a low LDL and high triglycerides? Is there any risk with this? How to get Fenofibrate? What does very low LDL mean?

#

Hi

• Low LDL is good (LDL- low density lipoprotein). Do not worry about that.
  • But, high triglycerides are not good. It can increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
  • Fenofibrate is widely available. This is a prescription medicine and should be taken under guidance of your family physician.

For further doubts consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|