Q. Can I get HIV from vaginal fluid of a women contacting the sores present on my back?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

I am a male who had protected sex with a woman. After the intercourse, she gave me a massage with a naked body. I often have sores on my back because I scratch it, and I also have pimples there. Her vagina might have been in contact with my back during the massage. Is there a chance her vaginal fluids got in contact with an open sore and infected me with HIV? I do not know the STD status of the woman, and I am not in contact with her.

#

The chances of transmission of HIV by single protected intercourse with an HIV-positive person are almost nil if the condom is used properly. By massage, as described, the transmission is not at all possible unless there are bleeding wounds on the skin. If the skin is intact, there is no chance of transmission.

|