Q. Does mutual masturbation with a transgender person without sexual contact pose a risk of STD?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

I had my last intercourse 25 days ago. After four days of intercourse, I started experiencing nausea, weakness, lower abdominal pain, and back pain. My foreskin turned red. I consulted a urologist and got tested for STDs except for syphilis. All the results came back negative. I also have enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit, neck, groin region.

I also did a screening test for hepatitis and HIV, which came back negative. Speaking about my potential exposure, it was mutual masturbation with a transgender person, and I have had a fresh wound on my hand that night. We did not have any actual sexual contact. No cum or blood signs were present.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for the query.

The risk of transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) by given description is nil. The symptoms are non-specific. The negative HIV antibodies test after 44 days is almost conclusive. You can go for an HIV antibodies test after three months of exposure to completely relieve anxiety.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

What would have caused such a general persistent lymphadenopathy?

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the follow-up query.

It is advisable to check for persistent lymphadenopathy. If it is present for more than three months and in multiple sites, it has to be examined and evaluated by your treating doctor. Only when it is diagnosed as persistent, then we can think of the causes for it.

There are many causes for persistent generalized lymphadenopathy other than HIV. It can be viral infections, autoimmune diseases, etc.

Once your HIV tests are negative, the chances of HIV are more minor, though it can be conclusive after three months of exposure. So, kindly do not relate everything to HIV.

Take care.

|