Q. Can fever, sore throat and headache after sex be due to HIV?

I had sex with my office colleague 15 days back and he looks healthy and happy, but within two weeks of that incident, I got cold, fever 99.8 Farenhite, sore throat, toothache, and severe cough like never before. I am very scared. I got my period four days after sex. I am worried about HIV. I asked him if the condom was intact and not broken he said it was all intact, and I should not be worrying about HIV. Still, I am getting paranoid. Please advise.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

If the condom was intact, then there is nothing to worry. Nevertheless, you can go for HIV testing at four weeks.

| 

Thanks for the reply but how to know if the condom was intact. I saw there was cum in the condom and I even got periods on my due date though I have not had any oral contraceptive. So that means I did not get any of his semen inside me? Please advise.

#

Getting the period on due date does not indicate that the sex was protected, if you have checked the condom properly then you can rely upon it or else you can ask for HIV testing of your partner.

| 

I got periods but I did not take any oral contraceptive that means his semen did not go inside me and condom acted as a barrier. I am not too sure about condom was intact or not. I could only say it did not have any spillage on the bed or over me but my vagina was all wet not sure if it was his or mine liquid and when he took out I saw it was half filled. Please help me as I am in great worry and he is not even taking me seriously and laughs when I put my query to him.

#

Not every unprotected intercourse result in pregnancy. So it is pointless to say that absence of pregnancy means an absence of semen. In case of confusion, testing is recommended, you can ask him to go for testing. If he is sleeping with you then he should also be responsible enough to take things seriously and cooperate over your stress by supporting the ways which are going to alleviate it.

|