Q. I fingered a lady and touched my penis with same hand. Am I at risk of HIV?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

I had been to a massage parlor. I fingered the lady, touched my penis with the same hand, she too touched my penis (I did not cum). Also, I sucked her breasts. Am I at risk of HIV?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

It is very unlikely from your description.

For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

Thank you for your reply. Can I be 100 % sure or is there a small risk? Should I get tested? If yes, when is it ideal and what test should I go for?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

Your risk is unwarranted in this case. It is actually non-existent. However, I always suggest my all sexually active patients to know their baseline HIV status and to allay the anxiety. For this, a rapid HIV fourth generation HIV test can be done at any accredited laboratory. This test can be taken after 4 to 6 weeks of potential exposure. Just to mention, HIV rapid test is also available free of cost at designated centers in the civil hospital of the city.

| 
Hi madam, thank you for the response. If ELISA turns out to be negative at the end of 12 weeks, can I take it as conclusive without further tests?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV/AIDS Specialist
# Hi Gaurav!

Welcome back!

Yes, it is conclusive. If there is no further exposure other than that, you don't require any more test for HIV screening.

Best wishes!

| 

My breasts are paining. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My breasts are paining after my husband pressed them for the first time. Is this pain harmful? How to get rid of this pain?  Read Full »

I took PEP after 42 hours of HIV exposure. Am I safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I had protected vaginal intercourse with an HIV positive woman and I had taken PEP after 42 hours of exposure. I was texted negative at the baseline with PCR RNA test and post completing PEP my blood was drawn again for PCR RNA test and it took five days to get the results. I am very ha...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have hairy leukoplakia three months after risky sexual activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male who discovered this lesion on my tongue by accident while brushing my teeth. It does not come off easily with the toothbrush. Actually, it does not, unless I apply significant force to remove it. It has been a month since I first discovered it and no other symp...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now