Q. HIV tridot antibody test negative till 10 weeks. Are there chances of turning into positive at 12 weeks?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2020

HIV tridot antibody test done at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10.5 weeks. All negative. Are there chances it will turn positive at 12 weeks now? Test done with blood taken from vein.

#

Following is my opinion for your asked question.

HIV tri dot antibody test is having good sensitivity and specificity in ruling out HIV as like that of fourth generation ELISA. Usually tri dot HIV test is able to rule out HIV after six weeks of exposure. However, HIV test can be considered conclusive in ruling out HIV after three month of exposure. So, I suggest you investigate with HIV rapid test after 12 week again.

You can revert back with HIV report after 12 week of exposure to check it.

Also it is 84 days that is exact 12 weeks or 90 days which is 13 weeks.

#

Following is my answer for your follow up query.

If you had done latest HIV test after 12 week of exposure then no neee of repeat testing. But in your previous question you had mentioned that last test was done after 10 week of exposure. So, I recommend repeat resting after next few days means after 3 month or 12 week of exposure.

Thank you so much, Doctor.

#

I can understand the questions arising in your mind. Following is my opinion for your asked question.

HIV tridot is equally effective like that of other test for HIV. There are many method for HIV testing. After 6 weeks, HIV tridot can be effective to rule out HIV. However as per guidelines, it is necessary to investigate again after 12 weeks of exposure to exclude HIV completely. So, do not worry about HIV tridot testing. It is equally good technique in rule out HIV like other test.

Usually, all pathology laboratory maintaining their standards for testing. So, you can trust the pathology laboratory for your testing. So, practically there is no need to test in different laboratory. You can get your test in good nearby pathology laboratory. Hope I have solved your query.

You have cleared my query. The lab I am getting tests is most famous in my area and all people go there only. Thanks a lot again.

#

You had tested in famous laboratory in your area, so no need to worry. Wish you good health in future.

I tested again on 80th day. Almost 11.5 weeks. The result is negative and the report is attached here. Can I feel safe now though I will test again after a few days, on 84th day?

#

I can understand your concern. Following is my opinion for your asked question.

Your attached report is non reactive for HIV antibody. So, your report is negative for HIV. Don't worry. You can feel safe now. However, it is advisable to test again after 90 days of exposure. You can revert back with report if needed.

Don't worry. Take care.

It is HIV Tridot and I just wanted to show report to satisfy myself. I will check again after 90 days. So if I test negative again after 90 days, it that fine or do I need some advanced test as final one?

#

I can understand your concern. Following is my opinion for your follow up question.

If your HIV report (by any antibody test like HIV tridot or Rapid card test) negative after 90 days, then it can be considered conclusive in rule out HIV. No need of repeat testing after 90 days of exposure.

Hope I have solved your doubt. Take care.

I tested on 91st day which is also negative. So it is more than 90 days negative. Hopefully it is conclusive. I have attached the report.

#

Following is my answer for your follow up query. Your attached report is negative for HIV. The testing has been done after 90 days of exposure and presumably there is no any exposure in between. So, there is no need for further testing. Don't worry. Take care.

There was no exposure in between.

#

If there is no exposure in between than don't worry. After 90 days, there is no need to repeat testing. You can consider yourself free from HIV. Hope I have answered your question.

|