Q. Is HIV test a fasting or non-fasting test?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

Dear doctor,

Which is the primary blood test for HIV? Is it fasting or nonfasting? I want to get tested for a routine checkup.

#

The recommended primary test for HIV detection is the fourth generation HIV rapid test.

You need not be fasting for this test.

If there is a recent exposure and the test result comes negative, a confirmatory test needs to be done at three months of last exposure.

Please revert if you require any further information.

Best wishes.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

But, this test may not be available in the town where I live. So, please can you recommend any other common blood test for HIV? Is it fasting or nonfasting?

#

HIV Rapid test kits are available in all accredited labs. It is available by the name of HIV-1 and 2 rapid antibody test. This test is even available free of cost at integrated counseling testing center (ICTC) which is located in all cities in the civil hospitals.

If you do not want to get it done from these in labs, it can be available by the name of:

HIV CMIA combo test, HIV DUO test, SD bio line for HIV 1 and 2 or HIV-1 and 2 tridot test. As I mentioned earlier you need not be fasting for this test.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

What is HIV spot test? How much ml of blood is drawn for this test? In my lab, they have written in their list that HIV test is available. Is it fasting or non-fasting?

#

HIV spot test is a rapid HIV antibody test. The result is available in less than twenty minutes. Less than 1 ml of blood is required.

It can be performed even with a drop of blood drawn by finger prick method. It can be taken non-fasting.

Please revert anytime for any further information.

|