Q. I have done a rapid test for HIV. Is it conclusive?

Dr. Sushma Shah

I have done a rapid test for HIV. Is it conclusive or not? Do I require repeated testing?

#

Do not worry. It is conclusive, and no further repeated tests required.

Can I continue my regular sexual life with my partner without worry?

#

There is no problem. You can follow a regular and healthy life with your partner. Be loyal to your life partner.

I made a mistake, and I will never repeat this. I decided it. I was in great depression after the incident.

#

For depression, you can take tablet Restyl 1 mg (Alprazolam) one at night for ten days regularly.

On the 28th day, my lymphocytes were 62 %. But it came back normal to 44 % on the 35th day. I have two to three boils on my chest hair for the past five weeks. They disappear in a week, and it comes to another place on the chest. Is it normal?

#

As males have hairs in their chest, they have to pluck it. If not so, you will get this problem. You can take a blood report and consult a general surgeon soon. Until that, you can take tablet Signoflam (Paracetamol with Aceclofenac) three times a day after food for five days. Take tablet Augmentin 625 (Amoxycillin with Clavulanic acid) three times a day after meal for five days. Take tablet Montek 10 (Montelukast) one at night. The boils will start to disappear after taking these medications. Take Giloy Ghan Vatti two times a day after food for a month. It prevents all these complications. When you have boils, you can take it.

Is it related to HIV?

#

No, it is not related to HIV. In winters, it will subside. You can use Giloy ghan vatti to protect from any URI, boil, cough, cold, swine flu, and zika fever. In this time, lymphocytes will also be normal if there is no boil.

I had high lymphocytes at 28 days, and suddenly, it came back to normal. Is it possible? Is it due to stress regarding HIV? I hope that all of my problems do not have any concern with HIV.

#

You must have boils at that time, or low fever, common cold, or any other illness and so you can have raised lymphocytes at that time.

Continuing with the earlier conversation. I have one query. I heard of fact that HIV 1 p24 antigen only remain detectable at 3-5 week after exposure. So it may possible that my combo test at 48th day give false negative result.

#

hello,

it's postive on fifteen day if negative not possible to be positive. do as you heard we people not taught like this ,so I can't claim it's wrong. solution go for WESTERN BLOT TEST IF THIS IS NEGATIVE, NO POSSIBILITY REMAINS. THIS WE RECENTLY ABOUT,3-4 MONTH WE GOT A MAIL. AS IN ONE OR TWO PATIENT IT TURN OUT POSITIVE SO U CAN ALSO GO. AFTER THAT NO TEST REMAINING. OK. WHAT IT MEANS , NO MEANS NOOOOO.OK

So you mean my 48th day combo test can give false negative result. So what about my 71 day rapid test. Do I need to repeat the test after 12 week

#

hello, as u ask me I replied you otherwise HIV is such a test not mask by any other thing. I don't know about these test to be false positive yes in three slide test it may some time false positive than we tell the patient to repeat after 15- 20 days. these are kit test and we see only report. I don't think it's false positive. as such no need to go for any test. but as a patient you r not satisfied and bring new theory's so we have to prepare for answer. YOU DON'T WORRY U R R NOT A CASE OF HIV POSITIVE. OK. NO NEED OF FURTHER TEST. OK, BYE.

Doctor I heard that if person got infected with HIV and HCV simultaneously and got ill with acute HCV than HIV seroconversion may be extended till 1 year is this correct.

#

hello, THIS IS NOT DUE TO THAT IT'S DUE TO LOW IMMUNITY, IF DUE TO HIV, HCV THAN TEST MUST BE POSITIVE, WITHOUT POSITIVE HOW COME YOU BELIEVE ON SUCH STATEMENT. TO INCREASE IMMUNITY EXCEPT DIET, A HIMALAYA SEPTILIN IS VERY EFFECTIVE TO INCREASE IMMUNITY ON COMMON COLD COUGH OR SO. TWO TIMES A DAY FOR ONE MONTH FOLLOWED BY ONE AT NIGHTS FOR ONE MONTH OR AS MUCH U CAN TAKE CARE. YOU CAN CONTINUE OFF N ON AFTER ONE MONTH. PLEASE DON'T RELATE EVERY THINGS TO PAST BAD EVENT, DON'T BELIEVE IN RUMORS, ITS FOR U U MUST BE POSITIVE AS YOUR RESULTS R NEVER POSITIVE. I HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH COUNCELING FOR THIS MATTER. OK

I know doctor it is anxiety which compelling me to do this. But this fact, that if person got infected with HIV and HCV simultaneously and got ill with acute HCV than seroconversion of HIV may be extended up to 1 year.

#

hello,

if u read in journal than I can't help u , very sorry. so u can go for again test for HIV, hcv if they are positive than you got a proof than diagnosis is confirmed n you can see the clean path. R U HEPATITIS C POSITIVE? IF NO , I DON'T THINK U NEED TO WORRY, AS YOUR HIV TESTS R NEGATIVE. LISTEN DON'T GO FOR VIRAL LOAD ,CD4 COUNT AS THEY R IMPORTANT ONLY IN HIV POSITIVE CASES, I DON'T THINK YOU NEED ANY TEST BUT U READ OR ANXIETY OR CONFUSION LEAD YOU N PRESENT U IN FRONT OF PSYCHIATRIST. I DON'T WANT ANY OF MY PATIENT WITHOUT ANY REASON IS HANDLE BY PSYCHIATRIST. YET IF YOU NOT CONVINCED SO SORRY.

|