Q. I am anxious about having hypertension at this young age. Please advise.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a patient of hypertension which is now well-controlled with medicines (average 110/70). Also, I am having anxiety or stress due to my health as I am having hypertension at this young age. My cholesterol levels are Total Cholesterol 205, LDL 129, and HDL 48. My physical activity levels are extremely low due to my work schedule. Also, I feel tired and sleepy during the second half of the day. I used to have my dinner late at night, around 11.30 PM, go to bed between 12 to 12.30 AM and wake up at 6.30 AM. My pulse in the morning just after I wake up is 70 and most of the day it is between 80 to 90 and in the evening it is 90 to 100. On some days, my BP goes down to as low as 90/60 with no symptoms.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

As you are on regular medication for hypertension, I just want to clarify when you were diagnosed and since when are you taking the medications. Also, please specify the name of the medication and its dosage.

Hypertension at this early age is not so common unless there is a previous family history or in patients with severe stress.

Regarding this hypertension, I think it is better to go with stress management and lifestyle modifications like diet and regular physical exercises will be enough rather than going for medications.

Regarding cholesterol levels, it is better to have a protein-rich food rather than an excess amount of carbohydrates.

The pulse rate is in the normal range.

Try to be stress-free at work so that everything will come to normal.

I just want you to have a BP recording for the next three to four days without using BP medication.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|