Q. I am diabetic and often feel giddy and weak even with medication. Why?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

I am a diabetic since 2009. I used to use Cylvoryl M1 Forte in the morning and evening before food. Apart from that, I used to take method powder, neem tea at times, but my food timings were very late. 10 days back my sugar levels were very low and I used to feel very weak. I got my blood tested after giving blood for fasting, I felt sugar levels were going down so I took some sugar in tea and did not take tablet that day. My report was 123/212. Very often I felt giddiness so I visited a nearby doctor and he gave me Zomet SR after food. Today my reports are 282/412.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

With the history you have given, I would suggest you that tablet Cylvoryl M1 is the correct dose for you. I would suggest you to continue the same tablet instead of Zomet SR. The reason for hypoglycemia is that, as you said you are not taking food regularly that is the main reason for your hypoglycemia. The last sugar values are very high and Zomet SR tablet is not adequate to control your present sugar. I would suggest continue your old tablet and take food at regular intervals, you will be fine. You need tablet Cylvoryl M1 tablet.

Kindly take the tablets for a week and do both fasting and postprandial sugars and get back for follow up.

|