Q. I took five I-pills within two months. Does it affect my fertility?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am 18 years old and I took five I-pills within two months and I am not getting periods. The last I-pill I took was before two days. Will it affect me in future while having a baby? Does it affect my fertility? Please answer me as soon as possible.

#

While I-pill is a good emergency contraceptive, it is an emergency contraceptive. Taking five in two months is way too much. Please stick to routine contraceptives like pills and condoms and use I-pill sparingly. Now having five I-pills in two months will not have any long-term effect. It will not make you infertile. But it will lead to menstrual irregularities which might last for 3 to 4 months.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|