Q. Kindly view my immunization report and advice on it.

Dr. Elvis Nderitu
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 26, 2019

I got immunization check as it is a university requirement and the following were the results. I have not been on medication for the following and also am not on any medication right now. Please interpret these results.

1. HAV-IgG to Hep A - 11.48 (reactive).

2. Mumps - 47 (positive).

3. Rubella - 46.2 (reactive).

4. Measles - >300 (positive).

Dr. Elvis Nderitu

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

No need to worry despite the results turning positive. For instance, for hepatitis, the virus that is considered to be dangerous is hepatitis B, all the same, you need to take hepatitis immunization, which I believe is a requirement when joining the school. For the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) mostly a large number of people that are tested tend to have traits of it not unless you are symptomatic, there is no need for alarm, but again I would highly recommend you take the vaccine for the same.

When is it safe to give measles vaccine if the child already has chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 9 months old. His measles vaccine is pending and he got chickenpox just 10 days before. Is it safe to give measles vaccine today?  Read Full »

What can be done to improve immunity in 4 years kid?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 4 years and 2 months old. She develops a very bad cough and then along with fever in a day or two. She had a wheezing problem previously so the doctor had prescribed to give Budecort and Levolin puffs or nebulization. So every time when she develops this kind of a dry cou...  Read Full »

Can rubella of 3 IU/mL affect my pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My rubella is 3 IU/mL non-reactive and I am six-weeks pregnant. Do I have rubella infection? Are there any chances of any birth defects?  Read Full »