Q. Please check my report and let me know if I am a diabetic.

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

Please check my report and advise if everything is normal or not.

#

• The reports which you have attached are almost normal except a few (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The other things that are of mention are as follows
  • Your fasting blood sugar is 101. Usually, the cut off we take is 100.
  • The fasting blood sugar value between 100 and 126 is considered as impaired glucose tolerance. It needs to be brought down to below 100. It can be done with regular physical activity and diet measures like avoiding excess carbohydrates like rice in the night and limit the usage of fats and oils.
  • Regarding lipid profile, although it is normal, the concern is on HDL cholesterol which is considered as good cholesterol. The value should be more than 40. It can be corrected with the same measures said above.
  • Rest of all the investigations are normal and no need to worry.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Please clear if I am a diabetic. Do I require medicines to control my sugar levels?

#

• You do not need any drugs. All you need is diet plan and exercise.
  • Repeat oral GTT test in a month.

Revert with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|