Q. For the last six months I am having fast heart rates. Is it serious?

Dr. Vivek Pillai

The last six months I have been experiencing fast heart rates. Just by walking my heart goes 130 to 150. I have no symptoms at all, no dizziness, no shortness of breath, no tiredness. Even by sneezing my heart goes at 150. I do not even know it till I check my pulse or put my hand in my chest and I see my heart is racing. I have done three EKG and three echoes by different doctors and all were fine. In rest, my heart is in 60 to 90. I am taking 10 to 20 mg Propanolol every day. If I miss a dose my heart goes fast even during rest. I had a very sedentary life during the last year, which is changing now. But my heart rate is still the same. Is this something to worry about?

#

It appears you are suffering from what is known as inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Of course, we have to see the ECG during palpitations to confirm that. I would also suggest a thyroid function test to rule out thyroid disease. It is good to exercise daily as that itself can regulate the rate. Also, continue Propranolol as having constant tachycardia can cause heart pumping to become weak.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|