Q. Can the medicine taken for Strep throat cause low energy and nausea?

Dr. Harshul Gohel
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 20, 2019

I feel less energetic, very thirsty, and my back has been giving me issues. Also from time to time, I had been feeling nauseous. Three weeks ago I had a strep throat so I was given antibiotics and afterward I got a yeast infection, so I am confused if the side effects from the medicines or is it something else.

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

It is not to worry about your medication. Your doctor prescribed it after evaluating you. So may be less chance of side effects that causes yeast infection. It will depend on your hygiene, how you maintain it. And as you mentioned that you are feeling less energetic, very thirsty, back issues, it may also lead to Infection. So not to worry about it. Follow as I advice you for symptomatic relief that will definitely help you out.

Multivitamin tablets once a day for one month. Drink waterless and more frequent for back issues.
Tablet Ultracet once a day whenever you find it is causing issues, and tablet Pantoprazole (40 mg) one table to be taken in the morning before breakfast for a month. Keep your body healthy by doing regular exercise or yoga.

During prolong seating, take a break in between.

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full »

I have nausea and vomiting every day because of acidity. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of acidity. It feels like a condition when a woman is going through morning sickness. I am 21 and single, but every morning I feel nausea and cannot eat anything until I throw up. Any slight stress, excitement, or sadness increases acidity that I am not able to eat anyt...  Read Full »