Q. What will be your treatment plan for a 3 months old with inguinal hernia?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

My colleague’s son, who is 3 months old, has been diagnosed with an inguinal hernia on the right groin. Hence, I would appreciate your feedback and let us know if a surgery is immediately required or not. If the surgery is not required urgently, please advise when this would be required. I have enclosed all the medical and scan reports for your kind reference.

#

I have gone through the child's history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It is advisable to get surgery at the earliest.
  • Though it is not very urgent, as there can be strangulation in the near future, it is advisable to get it done at the earliest. Please consult pediatric anesthetist and pediatric surgeon for the same.

For further information consult a paediatrician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|