Q. Developed painful swelling in the upper arm, vaccinated site. What is the treatment?

Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal

I am a 53 year old lady with controlled DM for four years and mild hypertensive for two years, I have received Influenza vaccine and Meningococcal vaccine on the same day in both upper arm sides before one week. Today, I developed painful swelling with redness in my left upper arm at the injection site. What is the home treatment for my case?

Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal

#

• A painful swelling after vaccine at the injection site in a diabetic patient is common. In diabetic patients, if glucose control is inadequate, then any injection of injury causes prolonged healing due to the high sugar level in blood.
  • You just have to check and keep your sugar and HbA1C level to normal. Consider, dose adjustment of your Glucophage (Metformin) with your physician if required.
  • However, you can clean the injection site with an antiseptic (Chlorhexidine) to avoid contamination.

High blood sugar or poor control.

Blood sugar profile and HbA1C.

Cellulitis.

Injection site infection in people with diabetes.

Antiseptic cleaning, reduce blood sugar and dose adjustment of Glucophage.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|