Q. I am suffering with sudden bouts of loose motion. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Ibs? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 62 year old male. I am suffering from multiple neurofibroma of spinal cord and acoustic neurofibroma. I had bypass surgery four years ago and since then I am under medication, which is given below. My present problem is related to stomach. Since the operation, I started having sudden bouts of loose motion. Earlier, the interval between the bouts was about 15 to 20 days which gradually reduced now to about three days. I have consulted numerous doctors including gastro specialist. Sonography reveals all organs to be normal except grade one fatty liver. No blood, pus cells in stool. My hemoglobin is 16.1. I have undergone deworming course by taking Rcifax 400 bd for five days, Noworm 400 and Nortryptomer od for three days, but there has been no effect. The consulted doctors have different opinions, some say that it is due to neurofibroma and some say it is due to reaction of medicines which I am taking. But no remedy has been suggested yet. If the loose motions become uncontrolled, I am forced to take Norflox TZ, which gives temporary relief. These loose motions are sudden, often soil clothes and have imprisoned me in the house. My current medication includes Nikoran 5 bd, Cardivas 3.125 bd, Cardace 2.5 od, Flavedon MR od, Lasix 40 half tablet od, Becosule od, Clopivas 150 od and Rosuvas 10 od. Please help me.