Q. I have itching in the penis and tear when I retract the foreskin. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Meha Malhotra and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Itching Inside Penis or Foreskin Cracks? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I had itching in the penis and tear when I retract my foreskin. This is happening for the past two to three times when I participate in intercourse and use condoms. I did not know what to do. Recently, I went to a doctor who told me that it is balanoposthitis and gave Lobate GM cream, Augmentin tablet, Metrogyl and Zerodol SP. I am uploading the image. Kindly advise me. I am having diabetes for the last two years. I am using Gluconorm Forte G2, (morning) and Figomet V 03 (night).

Related Questions:
How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?
How do I treat the inflammation on the tip of my penis?
Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
Dermatology, HIV/AIDS Specialist, Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Firstly, I suggest stopping all the medications you are taking.

I suggest you start with applying Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream twice a day for five days.

Please send photos after five days. This looks like candidiasis, but as you have applied steroid cream, it is difficult to say for sure at the moment.

Clean the area only with soap and water while bathing.

Avoid intercourse for a few days.


For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Phimosis (Tight Foreskin): Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Article Overview: This article talks about the condition where the foreskin is tight and there is difficulty in retraction.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

The prepuce (foreskin) is a double-layered tissue that forms the anatomical covering of the glans penis in males. In certain conditions, the prepuce is too tight and does not slide over the glans and is stuck in one place, either over the tip or behind. Phimosis and Paraphimosis When the opening o ...  Read Article »
What medicines can heal cracks on the foreskin of my penis?
Query: Hello doctor,My foreskin has some cracks and sometimes blood also come. If I stretch foreskin back, it is painful. Also due to this, the cracks become larger. Kindly suggest some medications.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. The complaint is not very clear to make a diagnosis. So, please send me the details regarding any sexual history or any use of drugs. Do you have diabetes? Meanwhile, you can try a local appli...  Read Full »
What medicines can help regain loss of sensation in penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from the loss of sensitivity in my penis. I am not happy while doing sex. Previously my foreskin got removed freely at that time I did not get any sensitivity to my penis. At the time of my first sex, the foreskin got cut and it bled. So, I used a cream. My scrotum is v...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other medical disorders? Do you masturbate too much? Since when have you felt the loss of sensitivity? Do you have any problem with the erection? For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urol...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Will ejaculating on the hands cause STD?
Hello doctor, I have a question about STD exposure risk. I masturbated another male with my hand, and my palm was moist ...Read more »
Is there always 1 to 2 percent chance of TB recurrence even after completion of medicine?
Hello doctor, I had pulmonary TB and undergone six months of continuous medication as suggested by the doctor. There wa ...Read more »
HIV - Common Questions Answered | AIDS | Stages of HIV | Symptoms | Treatment
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is the virus that causes HIV infection and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From