Q. What is the cause for itching in the whole body?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I am 78 years old male. I am diabetic. I am facing a whole body itching problem for the past one year. I have done an allergy test, and I am allergic to certain foods like curd, apple, dry fruits, tomato. Now, I have stopped taking these foods, but there is no relief. The doctor advised me to take Fexofenadine 10 mg once a day before sleeping. Please suggest a better medicine for getting fast relief. As my skin was dry, the doctor gave me Venusia cream and Medi oil for use two times a day. My past medication is Loratidine, Alegra and a tablet for stomach worms.

#

In diabetic patients, the skin becomes dry due to shrinkage of sweat glands. Keep your skin well hydrated by frequent application of vaseline lotion. Mix glycerine and aqua rose in equal amount and apply it on your body after bath on a slightly wet body so that the wetness can be retained. Take tablet Ebastine 10 mg one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening. Take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|