I have pimple-like bumps and an itching sensation with rashes on the scrotum. I first had an itching sensation on the penis and later had pimple-like bumps on the scrotum area. I also have an itching sensation in other parts of my body with minor dot-like rashes. The encircled part in the photo that I am attaching is the part where I had the same type of bump, but it seems to be dead and gone. I am really worried about this condition. Is this any STD? I never had sex or any other sexual activity. What could be the reason of this disease?
As per the history and images provided (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), it appears as scabies. Scabies appears as skin rashes that occur as a reaction to the skin of bed bugs which are not visible to the naked eye. They present with red pimple-like bumps, with intense itching, especially at night. They may be present throughout the body, including private areas and web spaces between the fingers. They may affect family members or friends living in close proximity, which is formed due to bug bites. Do not worry; they are definitely not sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). I suggest you follow these measures.
(Consult your specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medications with their consent.)
1. Permethrin 5 percent lotion (anti-parasitic medication) to be applied from the neck downwards to your toes, including private areas except for the head and face. Keep the lotion without washing on the body for 24 hours. Following 24 hours, apply a second layer of the same in a similar manner without washing off or bathing and keep for another 24 hours. After 48 hours, wash the lotion and repeat the application of lotion for 24 hours after two more weeks. And wash off after 24 hours.
2. Use Permethrin soap to wash the lotion off both times.
3. Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg single dose to be taken at night (one tablet only in total).
4. Tablet Cetirizine (Cetrizine Hydrochloride) 5 mg to be taken daily before going to sleep for one week for itching sensation. They are sedative and, therefore, may cause sleepiness.
5. Avoid sharing belongings with close contacts. Make sure to wash your bed linen, pillowcases, clothes, etc. in hot water with detergent and dry them in the hot sun, following which the dry clothes are to be wrapped in a plastic cover for one week before use.
6. Ensure to air your mattress and dry brush sofas, chairs, and tables well to eliminate any bugs.
Do not worry. Make sure to follow the above advice.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. just explained about your problem of severe itching in the scrotum. Do you have lesion or rashes or swelling of the skin or just itching?
The treatment you are taking is for fungal. As you said you have itching on scrotum, fungal mainly involves ... Read full
They appeared like bumps and the itching happens when they start to appear ... Besides this for itching take antihistaminic like tablet Levocetirizine once or twice daily depending on ... Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.