Q. Itchy bumps appeared on my penis after masturbating with a hair conditioner. Kindly help.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I masturbated with a hair conditioner and got some itching and bumps at the bottom of my shaft and side of my penis.

#

Do you have night aggravation of itching or excessive scratching and rubbing of lesions? Do you have pain or burning or itching or irritation? Do you have a history of herpes? Are you sexually active? Do you had unprotected sex in the last three months? Answer the questions for details.

No, not really. It does not itch. But it just occurs now and then throughout the day. It does not burn or hurt. I do not have a history of herpes. Yes, I am sexually active. Yes, I had unprotected sex in the last three months.

#

It is a secondary bacterial infection with erosion due to excessive scratching and rubbing of lesions. Apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) twice daily in the morning and night for ten days. Take tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily after food for five days or tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg once a day after food for three days. Wash genitals daily with Episoft cleanser or no soap cleanser or Cetaphil cleanser for two months. Avoid using lubricant and hair conditioner on the genitals. Avoid fragrance-based moisturizers and soaps. Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection. Maintain proper genital hygiene. Practice safe sex. Use barriers. Get HSV 2 (herpes simplex virus 2) IgM (immunoglobulin M) and HSV 2 IgG (immunoglobulin G) test done. Also, do urine culture or microscopy to rule out possible STIs (sexually transmitted infections). Keep a check on sugar levels. Regards.

|