Q. I get itchy dry eyes after prolonged screentime with occasional vision loss. Why?

Dr. Shikha

My eyes hurt for about a week now. I feel like resting for a long period of time. They are itchy and dry. There is a foreign object sensation. Sometimes, I feel like I am losing my vision or it is getting weaker. Sometimes I do the 20-20-20 rule. Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in front of the screen. What could be the reason my eyes hurt?

Currently, I am taking Isotretinoin 20 mg twice a day, and Topical Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and topical Retinoid and Clindamycin for chronic acne.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You must get your BP, and blood sugar levels done. Monitor if normal or abnormal and consult a physician. Also, get 2D echo done as soon as possible and seek a cardiologist opinion. The condition that you lost vision suddenly for some time is known as amaurosis fugax. I am telling you this first because this is serious. Also, it is a must to get your refraction done and also consult a retina specialist and get the detailed retinal examination done as well.

Coming to your eye symptoms, it would have been better if you share a picture of eyes but it seems like you have allergic symptoms. I hope there is no discharge or stickiness of eyes.

You can use Bepotastine 1.5% eye drop TDS one drop in both eyes for two weeks. Soft drops 0.5% (Sodium carboxymethylcellulose) eye drop six times a day (one drop in both eyes) for one month. Avoid any rubbing of eyes. Use goggles.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

I have a tiny clear bubble in my eye. Is this of concern?

Query: Hello doctor,On my left eye, on the corner, nearest my nose on the sclera there is a tiny clear bubble. I have has this for years and it does not bother me. On the conjunctiva, it appears also a little puffy but I have noticed on the lacrimal caruncle there seems to be a red little spot. My eyes are...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with Glaucoma: What Next?

Article Overview: Glaucoma is an eye condition that is caused by fluid-build up and increased pressure in the eye, leading to progressive vision loss. Read Article

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Glaucoma is a chronic, progressive disease. It poses a diagnostic dilemma for ophthalmologists and the patients get frustrated because it is often diagnosed at the advanced stage and they are unaware that they even have a disease. As there are no symptoms initially, they are unsure if they should co...  Read Article

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »