Q. I get itchy dry eyes after prolonged screentime with occasional vision loss. Why?

Dr. Shikha

My eyes hurt for about a week now. I feel like resting for a long period of time. They are itchy and dry. There is a foreign object sensation. Sometimes, I feel like I am losing my vision or it is getting weaker. Sometimes I do the 20-20-20 rule. Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in front of the screen. What could be the reason my eyes hurt?

Currently, I am taking Isotretinoin 20 mg twice a day, and Topical Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and topical Retinoid and Clindamycin for chronic acne.

#

You must get your BP, and blood sugar levels done. Monitor if normal or abnormal and consult a physician. Also, get 2D echo done as soon as possible and seek a cardiologist opinion. The condition that you lost vision suddenly for some time is known as amaurosis fugax. I am telling you this first because this is serious. Also, it is a must to get your refraction done and also consult a retina specialist and get the detailed retinal examination done as well.

Coming to your eye symptoms, it would have been better if you share a picture of eyes but it seems like you have allergic symptoms. I hope there is no discharge or stickiness of eyes.

You can use Bepotastine 1.5% eye drop TDS one drop in both eyes for two weeks. Soft drops 0.5% (Sodium carboxymethylcellulose) eye drop six times a day (one drop in both eyes) for one month. Avoid any rubbing of eyes. Use goggles.

|