Allergy In Eyes

Why do I get swelling in the eye with itching in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a swollen eye once a week, usually in the mornings. I feel a slight irritation beforehand, itchiness. Then my eyelid swells to the size of a golfball. The eye is not red, I can see perfectly, there is no sign of cuts or scrapes. No discharge, maybe a little dryness...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are describing an allergic reaction of the eye to some factor. If you are not also suffering from sneezing and dry cough at night then you can use antihistamine eye drops such as Pataday once daily or Patanol or Zyrtec twice daily for a period of 10 days. If you ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. LASIK when it is done, corneal nerves will be cut. These corneal nerves take several months to regenerate. This can lead to continuous dryness and irritation in the eyes. Eyes also become hypersensitive. Systane ultra is artificial tear eye drops which is a substitute g...  Read Full »

Why does my eyes become yellow and red stained after using Visine for allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pink eye. An allergy specialist advised me medications, and my eyes improved a lot. But I used Visine for a year every day, and that made my eyes addicted to that, and every time they became more red now. My allergy is controlled, but my eyes are not white, again they are like...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns and have gone through your photo attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The brown patches are suggestive of benign melanosis, and the red lines are blood vessels. The blood vessels can reduce in size and number when V...  Read Full »

Is Cromolyn sufficient for vernal conjunctivitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have eye allergy from the past 15 years due to vernal conjunctivitis. I am under Cromolyn 0.4 % for it. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Along with Cromolyn, start Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drop four times a day for three days. Taper it to two times a day for the next five days. Then taper to once at bedtime for the next five days. Also, start Refresh tears eye drop every two hours continuousl...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dry, pain, and irritate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomforta...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment. I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (O...  Read Full »

Half of the left eye is red and slightly swollen near the cornea. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Half part of my left eye became red and slightly swollen near the cornea. I tried Ciplox and Ceflox and Festive D, but these are not working. There is no pain or no blurred vision, I have itchiness and allergy. Please suggest some eye drop for red-eye and itchiness. I shall be highly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main symptoms of allergy include itching and redness as you mentioned. Festive D drops will be more than enough to treat any eye allergy. Festive D can be used four times a day for 4 to 5 days. On the other hand, if you are having lots of sticky discharge from your...  Read Full »

What to do for itchy and crumbled eyelids?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy and a cut sensation in the corner of the eye and top of the eye lid. My eye lid looks crumbled in the morning. There is also some cut lines on the upper part of the nose and top of eye lid. I am suffering with this over last two days. But, I do not have any vision problem. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like traumatic skin abrasions most likely nails, which do happen unknowingly when you are asleep. Just apply antibiotic ointment and clean with Dettol to prevent secondary infectio...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes red and warm?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red and warm since the last four days. I wear spectacles. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from conjunctivitis or some other eye infection or it might be some allergy which is common. You should wash your eyes with warm water mixed with a pinch of salt (similar to one prepared for gargling, but with lesser salt). Do this every two to ...  Read Full »

What are the causes for redness in eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes are red and sore for the past four days. It was really painful till yesterday. As I did not work in the computer and started to use eye refresher I am not getting bad headaches and eye pain anymore. When I change the focus, it is sore and is still really red. I have no idea about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation, dry eyes, etc. Redness + itching - allergy. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision - infection. Redness + pain - inflammation. Redness + foreign body sensation - dryness. If there is ...  Read Full »

I have swollen eyelids that developed from itchy eyes. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a swollen eye around the eyelids that developed from itchy eyes and later had pain. The itchy eye with a dry dark patch around the outer part of the eyelids condition has been on and off for five months. Sometimes, teary and sometimes itchy and painful. It is mostly the right e...  Read Full »

Dr. Rasmi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Really, I read your query many times to define the problem. There is something. If they already diagnosed an allergic problem, then why did they give you Dermofix which is the treatment of fungal infection? For today, this problem of the eyelid may be an acute funga...  Read Full »