Allergy In Eyes

What causes a red line in the eye of a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My 10 months old baby boy got a red line in his right eye. Please give a solution for this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the photo is not very clear. If you can upload a better one with a front view, I would be able to make out better. A little more history is required too. You mentioned it is there for one month. Does this happen every day? Is the eye-watering? Doe...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. LASIK when it is done, corneal nerves will be cut. These corneal nerves take several months to regenerate. This can lead to continuous dryness and irritation in the eyes. Eyes also become hypersensitive. Systane ultra is artificial tear eye drops which is a substitute g...  Read Full »

Please suggest the cause and treatment for blepharitis and dry eyes.

Query: Dear Doctor My daughter is suffering from dry eyes She has blephritis and allergy as well...on advise of Dr. we got OSA done but cud not show the reports to Dr. because of Corona..Pls look into the reports and help me understand which type of dry eyes she has, What is the main cause behind it and...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello. She seems to be suffering from severe dry eyes due to meibomian gland dysfunction and blepharitis. I advise 1) Gentle lid massage at the base of eyelashes both eyelids of both eyes twice daily for 5 mins each 2) Clean bases of eyelashes every morning with diluted baby shampoo (mixture of b...  Read Full »

Which anti-allergic eye drops can I use for seasonal allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from seasonal allergy every year. It starts from the month of August till December for the past 15 years. When the season changes, I get running nose, excessive sneezing and itchy watery eyes. I also have an intolerable itching in the eyelids and in the corners of the eye. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic eye can be treated with eye drops such as Olopatadine once a day or twice if severe. This can be used for a long term relief. For an acute exacerbation, use Loteprednol eye drops two hours or as frequently as required when you have an itch. If it is a very se...  Read Full »

My left eye is blurry, red with tears and I am pregnant. Please suggest solution.

Query: Hello doctor, My left eye is blurry, hurts a little, and is red. It is also tearing up. I just found out that I am pregnant as well. I need to know if there is something to treat this so I can see better and not have it bother me. I am currently on Sertraline 100 mg once daily for the past six y...  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would gladly answer your query. I need to ask you if you have any discharge coming out of your eyes? Also, if your eyes are a little bit sticky? Do you have itching? Did you have any kind of trauma in the past few days? Do you wear glasses? Is this condition in...  Read Full »

My exposure to screen is longer with itchy eyes. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hi doctor, My current problem is my eyes are getting too itchy intermittently, like four to five times which lasts for 30-40 minutes. While mild itchiness remains in one eye for most of the time. My right eyelid also seems drooling and has mild swelling beneath the eye. I work in a software comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you do have allergic problems including psoriasis, it is very likely for you to be suffering from allergic eye disease. Also, from your complaints, it seems you are having problems in the oil glands in your eyelids for which you are having stye like swelling ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel occasional vision loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes hurt for about a week now. I feel like resting for a long period of time. They are itchy and dry. There is a foreign object sensation. Sometimes, I feel like I am losing my vision or it is getting weaker. Sometimes I do the 20-20-20 rule. Lately, I have been spending a lot of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must get your BP, and blood sugar levels done. Monitor if normal or abnormal and consult a physician. Also, get 2D echo done as soon as possible and seek a cardiologist opinion. The condition that you lost vision suddenly for some time is known as amaurosis fugax...  Read Full »

What causes continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for itchy eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allerg...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me ways to cure eye allergy.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has eye allergy for over two months now. When I consulted first, doctor suggested after inspection that it is a kind of seasonal pollen allergy and to give the eye drop Olopatadine along with Cellulose based eye lubricant. As it was not completely cured they gave steroid...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your doctor is right in saying that your son has allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them, called an allergen. The most common allergens are dust and pol...  Read Full »