Q. Shall I take Azithral for throat itching?

Dr. Divakara. P

For almost a week, I have throat itching and some blood coming out of it. I had throat infections in the past and was smoking back then. Now, I do not smoke and it has been more than two and half months that I had a smoke.

Could this be because of Nicotex 2 mg that I have been chewing to keep the cravings away? Also, my friend, who is a doctor, suggested me to take Azithral 250 mg three times a day after meals. Please suggest if I should.

#

For one event of little blood, you need not have to panic. In my opinion, I do not think it is due to Nicotex (Nicotine) and hence you can continue using Nicotex. Most likely you are having throat infection and most of the times it is due to viral infection and it does not require antibiotic such as Azithral (Azithromycin).

My recommendation is as follows:

• Do salt water gargling three to four times a day.
  • Drink hot water and avoid cold foods.
  • Avoid non-vegetarian foods and citrus fruits.

Wait and observe for three days. If still the soarness persists or you experience fever or too much of cough, then in that case you can start antibiotic Azithral (Azithromycin) 250 mg two times a day for five days as per your friend's advice.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

It is more than an event. When I have congestion and spit it is red and I think I will have to do salt water gargling and will drink hot water.

I was eating a lot of citrus fruits and iced alcohol last week and was eating non-vegetarian foods for at least twice a day. Will try your advice for three days and then take Azithral.

#

Just follow my advice. If in spite of starting Azithral you notice blood in the spit or cough, then get a chest x-ray done and revert back with report.

I took B complex this morning and now when I had warm water I feel a little nauseated and ill. Is it natural?

#

It is fine. Nausea can be seen in any of the viral infection. Even some of the B complex medications by themselves can cause nausea. If bothering, then I suggest tablet Ondem MD (Ondansetron) three times a day before food for a day or two. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

|