Q. Can IVF/ICSI cycle be done with AMH value 1. 1 ng/ml?

Published on Sep 24, 2019

I am 38 years old and got married 12 years ago. Underwent 3 fresh IVF cycles and 3 FET cycles during the last four years. Underwent tubal pregnancy four years back. For the past two years with medium endometriosis. My present AMH value is 1.1 ng/ml. A blood test was taken last week. Shall I still proceed for a fresh IVF/ICSI cycle?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

Definitely, IVF would be the best option.

Let me start by mentioning the risk factors, one is your age, AMH is lower limit and endometriosis. As you cross 35 years, most of the good eggs get exhausted. So it is very good to keep getting lots of egg and embryos for transfer. The best part of your history is that you did get pregnant twice, unfortunately, the final result was not good. Hope semen report is normal.

Options, if I may suggest:

1. Have IVF again, but let the doctor try different hormones and altering the doses.

2. Have IVF from a different center. The grading you are mentioning is what the doctor suggested. I had a patient. Husband had testis FNAC, they had mentioned of getting 8 blasts and 3 morulae. They told her that two blasts are being transferred every cycle, but negative results. It is impossible to get so many blasts from TEFNA sample as sperms are so unhealthy.

3. Repeat AMH within 14 days of period again from a different laboratory.

4. If AMH is below 1 ng/ ml think about a donor egg. Main advantages are endometriosis and your age would not affect the quality of eggs.

Do not lose hope, you have lost two pregnancies between cup and lip, if you will not retry now, your good age and remaining eggs will be exhausted. So do try IVF again.

Can I conceive naturally after endometriosis surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have been trying to conceive for a year with endometriosis on ovary. My husband is 32 and normal. My AMH is 1.85. I am planning to get laparoscopic surgery. Can laparoscopic surgery reduce my AMH further more? What should I do?  Read Full »

Fourth ultrasound after IVF has no signs of fetal pole.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my pregnancy and my IVF transfer. I had an ultrasound five days back with my IVF doctor. They are calculating my pregnancy at seven weeks. I had a five-day embryo transfer last month and found out that I am pregnant. However, after my fourth ultrasound yesterday...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get IVF done in a patient with endometriosis?

Query: Hello doctor, Husband is 39 and wife is 38. Married for the past 11 years. Late pregnancy planning. Open myomectomy, right ovarian cystectomy, and adhesiolysis were done three years back. Conceived normally two years back with low AMH 1.34. CS a year back. Congenital heart disease - aortic stenosis...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now