iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyjock itchI am a 24-year-old female suffering from different-sized reddish, scaly patches in my pubic area. Kindly help.

What is the reason for reddish patches in the pubic area?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 28, 2022
Reviewed AtJanuary 15, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 24 years old female suffering from reddish patches of different sizes in my pubic area. They are scaly patches and not inflamed and also without any pus. What could be the reason for these patches?

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for your query.

I read your query and understand your concern. I reviewed your picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The condition looks like tinea cruris. Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin. I suggest you to follow a few instructions mentioned below.

  1. Do not keep the area wet at all. Instead, use Clotrimazole powder frequently to keep it dry.
  2. Avoid itching, and do not scratch it.
  3. Change the undergarments regularly.
  4. Avoid excessive sweating and wet clothes.
  5. Do not apply any general or steroid creams.
  6. Do not stop the medications immediately.
  7. Use antifungal creams containing Terbinafine and Fluconazole 150 mg weekly for one month.

Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them and take medications with their consent.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Suvash Sahu
Dr. Suvash Sahu


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy