Q. I suddenly developed multiple joint pain yesterday morning. What could be the cause?

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 22, 2020

About 2 days ago I started to notice some slight pain in a couple different joints. Then upon waking up yesterday morning my jount pain was awful . Finally I woke up this morning in severe Pain to where I was screaming and crying . I do not have any arthritis nor has this ever happen to me . What could be the cause anf should I go see a doctor? Female, 20 yrs

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

Dear, Sending You and healing energy!

Dear I check your city you live in is warm not cold.If you were living in very cold and had this problem then I would have think about some disease which affect joint in cold session. Since you said you had short history of joint pain it is be raise in level of c reactive protein (CRP) that can cause sudden pain and swelling which is the sign of acute inflammation of joint.

Dear I would recommend you to do Rheumatoid arthritis("RA)which is very common problem causing multiple joint pain. I would meanwhile recommend you to do RICE -Rest elevation and ice compression on that affected area.

I would like to prescribe you the muscle relaxant drug which helps you in two way one help reduces inner swelling and pain .

1)Tab chlorzoxazone 500 mg PO three daily for three days, after food.

I am Praying for yours speed recovery Thank you

|