Q. What causes joint pain with stiffness?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

My height is 169 cm and weight is 95 kg. I am 50 years old, male. For the past three months, I am experiencing stiff fingers joint and pain in the outer ridge of the foot in the morning when I get up. Fingers become fine after some time but pain stays in the foot. This is coming on and off and frequency is increasing now. My work involves mostly working on computer and sitting job. Please advice future course of action and if any diagnosis is suggested? What it could be?

#

Well for fingers, it could be osteoarthritis because at your age this is something which is most common and it also has morning stiffness. In your foot, it is plantar fascitis. So for treatment, you have to do finger gripping exercises. For that, you can buy a smiley ball and do exercises 15 minutes twice a day. Along with that take tablet Cartigen Forte 1 tablet twice a day for three months.

For foot, get ultrasonic therapy done from any nearby physiotherapy center. Do plantar fascia stretching exercises. Hot fomentation. Hopefully, it will get better in 4 to 6 weeks.

|