Q. How to improve my kidney problem associated with diabetes, BP, and pedal edema?

Dr. Tarek Algamal
Published on Oct 28, 2019

I have kidney related problem associated with diabetes, hypertension, and pedal edema.

Dr. Tarek Algamal

Nephrology
#

Blood pressure need to be controlled more than this level to avoid deterioration of kidney functions. Need to share more details about history and level of creatinine. Measures that possibly slow the kidney damage are as follows:

1. Control of blood pressure and diabetes.

2. Low salt low fat diet.

3. Regular exercise.

4. Regular checkups.

5. Stop smoking and alcohol. Talk to the nephrologist about any new symptoms.

I want to know what best medication I can take for hypertension. I am taking Trilosar (combination of three medicines).

Dr. Tarek Algamal

Nephrology
#

I need to know how much creatinine level and if it is changing or stable. I need to know other results also. Trilosar is fine but need to monitor the kidney functions and potassium level. You can increase dose to 25 instead of 12.5, that may improve edema and control of blood pressure. But again you need to monitor blood electrolytes and to tell me how much creatinine.

What food can help maintaining BP in a patient with creatinine level 2.7?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's creatinine is 2.7. Now BP is brought to normal. What food should I give and what to do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you should get regular follow-ups with her doctor (nephrologist, cardiologist or even internal medicine specialist). Foods to avoid are salt, dark-colored colas, canned foods, orange, and orange juice, red rice, etc. Foods to eat are water the best you can drink...  Read Full

What diet can be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 68 years old, diabetic, with chronic kidney disease, and creatinine level 5.96. What diet should be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Reviewing the laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the patient has already developed significant damage, creatinine is too high and has already secondary hyperparathyroidism. Type 2 diabetes with renal complication. Dialysis is unavoidabl...  Read Full

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension. Read Article

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article

Ask a Nephrologist Now