Q. How to improve my kidney problem associated with diabetes, BP, and pedal edema?

Dr. Tarek Algamal

I have kidney related problem associated with diabetes, hypertension, and pedal edema.

#

Blood pressure need to be controlled more than this level to avoid deterioration of kidney functions. Need to share more details about history and level of creatinine. Measures that possibly slow the kidney damage are as follows:

1. Control of blood pressure and diabetes.

2. Low salt low fat diet.

3. Regular exercise.

4. Regular checkups.

5. Stop smoking and alcohol. Talk to the nephrologist about any new symptoms.

I want to know what best medication I can take for hypertension. I am taking Trilosar (combination of three medicines).

#

I need to know how much creatinine level and if it is changing or stable. I need to know other results also. Trilosar is fine but need to monitor the kidney functions and potassium level. You can increase dose to 25 instead of 12.5, that may improve edema and control of blood pressure. But again you need to monitor blood electrolytes and to tell me how much creatinine.

|