Q. How can knee pain be prevented?

Dr. Lokesh

There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?

Do you have a question on Knee Pain or Discomfort During Squatting?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Lokesh

MBBS., D.ORTHO., DNB ORTHO., FELLOWSHIP-JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY., MNAMS
Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery

Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages.

Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infection.Some easy remedies for your pain

• Ice is useful for the control of pain and swelling. It can be applied to the knee for 15 to 20 minutes as often as every two to four hours. The swollen knee should be elevated above the level of the heart while icing.
  • Activities that cause pain should be avoided temporarily.

If the knee is swollen or sore, the following positions and activities should be avoided until knee pain and swelling resolve:

• Squatting
  • Kneeling
  • Twisting and pivoting
  • Jogging
  • Aerobics, dancing
  • Playing sport
  • Use a kneecap brace.
  • You need to get X-rays done and then follow up.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Article Overview: This is a patient information article on wear and tear in knee joint. It gives information regarding understanding of osteoarthritis of knee its causes, prevention and methods of treatment available.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in the body. It is like wear and tear which develops over many years. It is common in people over 50 years of age, particularly in women. Both knees need not to be affected at the same time. The cartilage gradually roughens and becomes thin exposing the underlyin ...  Read Article »

My daughter has pernicious anemia from the age of 11. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will be able to help me with my daughter's health. The summary of her health is as follows: She was born prematurely at 25 weeks. She had to undergo PDA surgery soon after. She had Hashimoto's hypothyroidism when she was 8 years of age. She had urticaria and angioedema for m...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and the medical history of your daughter. I have seen the detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well. Let me answer each one of your questions. Her raised cortisol is likely to be due to exogenous steroids use, like...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now