Q. I am suffering from knee pain, loss of appetite, and vitamin B12 deficiency. Please help me.

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 37 year old male, and  I am suffering from knee pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, lack of interest, vitamin B12 deficiency, and my tooth enamel has eroded. I am taking Losar 50 for high blood pressure from six years. And from the last five years, I am also taking medicines for GERD. Please help me.

#

• You might have developed knee osteoarthritis, which is a wear and tear of the joints, because of excessive weight on the weight bearing joints. This mostly occurs with advancing age, but these days it is not uncommon to find it in young obese individuals.
  • I would advise you to get hemogram, x-ray knee joint, serum calcium, vitamin D levels, ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), and CRP (C-reactive protein).
  • For osteoarthritis, I would suggest you do the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Practice knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.
  2. Give hot fomentation to the knee.
  3. You can try applying Diclofenac ointment locally.
  4. If the pain is severe, then try taking Diclofenac tablet.
  5. If you are overweight, you should lose weight. Start exercising, but avoid using the treadmill. Cycling and swimming are wonderful options for you.
  • For vitamin B12 deficiency, you can try taking capsule Nurokind Gold (Multivitamin), once daily for three months.
  • And for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone helps greatly.

I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|