Q. I have knee pain after wearing high heels. What to do?

Dr. Vidya
Published on Jul 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

I have pain in my knees and around the ankles, since the last two weeks. It all started when I walked around in high-heeled shoes one day. After that, I got my periods and the pain got aggravated. The pain has decreased, but is still quite bad. Also, I recently went to get a Pap test done, but due to insufficient cells, the test could not be done.

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is unfortunate that you are suffering from knee pain and it got aggravated by periods.

• Any pain already present can get aggravated with menses. The best thing to do now is rest and avoiding straining the same muscles. I suggest you try hot fomentation, analgesic, and antispasmodic medicines.
  • Avoid coffee, tea, and alcohol till the pain subsides. Also, drink plenty of water.
  • There is no need to worry about the Pap smear test now. You can repeat it after three months or as advised.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for the reply. Do I need to get my vitamin D or calcium test done? I have a 2 year old kid and had been breastfeeding for a while. Could this be the other reason for my tiredness and leg cramps?

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, it could be a factor.
  • You do not require a test now. You can start taking the supplements.

Why am I having a painful swelling in my upper eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, There is swelling in my left eye upper lid. There is a pain and small pimple from inside at the corner for last two days. Currently, I am using Nevanac and Pataday eye drops.  Read Full »

What can cause severe stomach and lower back pain at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe stomach and back pain at the same time. Suggest some quick remedy.  Read Full »

I have sharp pain in my ribs when I am breathing. How can I get relieved?

Query: Hi doctor, While working out today, I was doing a shoulder press. I was doing it too fast, and at one point, I got a sharp pain in my back, near where my ribs meet my spine. Since then, I am also having very sharp pain when inhaling and exhaling, as well as when rotating my torso or neck. Should I ...  Read Full »