Q. How to increase my leptin sensitivity?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am a 19 year old female. How to increase my leptin sensitivity to increase my metabolism? After losing 12 kg, now I am gaining weight easily. Also, my shape gets ruined as I am gaining weight in the wrong place. Please help.

#

• You need to lose weight to increase your leptin sensitivity.
  • In general, insulin resistance generates leptin resistance. It means one should not let the insulin level to go up.
  • Sugar makes insulin go up and we are overdosed with sugar in this country. If we get the sugar down, our insulin resistance would improve and that would help with the weight loss.
  • You need to do regular exercise and eat green vegetables and green tea. You can also try any diet, which is very effective if adhered to strictly.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|