Q. What is the reason for frequent nose bleeds and patches of blood spots?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I have a few things and I am worried about that. I feel it could be connected. Firstly, I keep getting patches of blood spots on my body. They are not of huge in size, but still noticeable. I am also getting frequent nose bleeds for no apparent reason. I hardly ever got them before. Also severe night sweats. I have lost lot of weight in a short span of time. I am not exercising more than usual, but always feel tired. I am suffering with these symptoms for more than four to five months now. Please help.

#

• The constellation of symptoms that you shared with us today are concerning for multiple conditions.
  • The fact that you are having easy bruising and nose bleeding indicates that there might be deficiency of coagulation factors and or low platelet counts.
  • The fatigue can be either due to anemia or weak immune status.
  • The night sweats are also concerning for either chronic infectious process or blood disorders like leukemia and lymphoma.
  • Please be seen by a primary care physician at the earliest. If you do not have access to one; then I would highly suggest that you be seen in an urgent care center or ER (emergency room).

Leukemia, lymphoma, mycobacterial infections, myelodysplastic syndrome, chronic viral hepatitis and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection.

Little stock from basic laboratories; CBC (complete blood count), BMP (basic metabolic panel test), blood cultures and chest x-ray.

It would depend upon the laboratory results and imaging.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|