Q. How can a patient get rid of the clear blister on the lower lip?

Dr. Bhargav Reddy Gutha

I have a clear blister on my lower lip which subsides and reappears after some days. I am taking the tablet Sertraline. Should I be concerned about it?

#

I reviewed the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You have a fluid-filled vesicle on the left side of your lower lip. How often does it occur, and do you have any pain? It looks like an aphthous ulcer, which can occur due to anxiety, stress, or idiopathic causes. It can also occur due to herpes virus infection. I suggest you apply Dentogel (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine) for pain relief twice a day for three days (consult a specialist doctor, talk with him or her, and take medications with their consent).

Thank you doctor for the reply,

The blister has been there for three months. I experience pain and soreness when I touch it.

#

I think you have a recurrent aphthous ulcer. These lesions recur in the form of vesicles and rupture to form an ulcer. I suggest you consult your dentist and undergo symptomatic treatment for the same.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I would like to know if I have a blister due to cancer.

#

Benign lesions are not harmful until they metastasize. You do not have a benign lesion, but I cannot comment on the cause of your lesion.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I am happy after consulting you. Should I be worried about the blister?

#

I suggest you consult your dentist and take proper care.

|