Q. I have a small pus-filled boil under my lips and is painful. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 25, 2020

I was having a small boil under my lower lip edge and I pressed it and opened the pus. My lower lip is fully swollen with yellowish and there is a small cut while pressing for pus. This is very painful now.

#

According to your statement, you have a boil under your lower lip edge and your lip is swollen after pressing it. It is painful too. Boil is a skin infection caused by Staph.aureus and its aggravating factors are DM (diabetes mellitus), immune-compromised, anxiety, etc.

You should continue your current medication. You can add Flucloxacillin (Neoflox for 14 days) along with your antibiotic Cephalexin as it is caused by staphylo aureus.

Apply warm compresses and soak the boil in warm water. When the boil starts draining wash it with an anti-bacterial soap until all the pus is gone and clean with rubbing alcohol. If any complications occur please inform me I will try to help you further.

Soak boil in warm water? Also, without opening the pus out will it not cure?

#

You should not touch or press it with hands, it may be infected as it happened earlier. A boil is not fully cured until its pus has gone out. But pus cannot be drained either by needle insertion or pressing by hands. If you apply warm water on it or soak the boil in warm water with a sterile piece of cloth that help to lessen the inflammation and pain and head will appear on it after a few days. Warm water helps to burst its head naturally and drain out the pus.During this period you should use antibacterial soap and alcohol as an antiseptic for washing and cleaning. It should be continued until whole pus is gone out.

| 

There are lots of small bumps on my face, chest, and back. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, There are lots of small bumps on my face, chest, and back. I am not sure they are acne or not but could you look at it and tell me a solution?  Read Full »

Why am I getting boils on stomach and back?

Query: Hello doctor, Why am I getting bumps or boils on my stomach and now on my back leaving five black marks on my stomach and there are three new boils or bumps on my back that hurt really bad. How can I make them go away? Please help. It hurts when touched.  Read Full »

Kindly guide the usage of Argyreia speciosa for the treatment of gonorrhea and syphilis.

Query: Hello doctor,I want information regarding Argyreia speciosa. I have heard that the plant has also been used to treat gonorrhea and syphilis. I am finding it hard to find traditional preparation techniques for treating these conditions. Kindly guide.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»