Q. My stomach is getting bigger, and I have constipation problem. What to do?

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I am a 21 year old girl. I used to eat a lot from my childhood, but I was not that fat. I had a big belly from 13 years, and I used to hide it in my dress because I was shy of it. From about five months my stomach has become bigger. I have problems with sitting and doing daily household works like cleaning and washing. I had no such problems when I was in college, and it all started after my college life. I also have a constipation problem, and I do not go to the bathroom daily. Usually, I go once in two or four days. I do not hold it in, but I do not have the feeling to go to the bathroom at all. I have a habit of holding urine, and sometimes I hold my urine for 12 hours. I have no problems with my periods, as usual, it is two days early and some pain in the starting, for which I take painkillers. I did not consult any doctor still. I am also attaching the photos of my stomach. Please help.

#

After seeing your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this is what I feel.

• The issue with your stomach and constipation is related to your lifestyle only.
  • It appears that the level of physical activity is very less in your case and so you are facing these problems.
  • Have a check on the diet you take. Have a fiber-rich diet, so that it will solve the problem of constipation and also will help to reduce the abdominal fat.
  • Practice regular physical exercises and concentrate more on abdominal exercises.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. Can you please tell me what to do for my constipation problem? I am having this for some years now.

#

• As I have already mentioned above, take a fiber-rich diet like banana, green leafy vegetables, etc.
  • If the constipation problem is not improved, then try taking medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|