Q. My stomach is getting bigger, and I have constipation problem. What to do?

Dr. Prathap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I am a 21 year old girl. I used to eat a lot from my childhood, but I was not that fat. I had a big belly from 13 years, and I used to hide it in my dress because I was shy of it. From about five months my stomach has become bigger. I have problems with sitting and doing daily household works like cleaning and washing. I had no such problems when I was in college, and it all started after my college life. I also have a constipation problem, and I do not go to the bathroom daily. Usually, I go once in two or four days. I do not hold it in, but I do not have the feeling to go to the bathroom at all. I have a habit of holding urine, and sometimes I hold my urine for 12 hours. I have no problems with my periods, as usual, it is two days early and some pain in the starting, for which I take painkillers. I did not consult any doctor still. I am also attaching the photos of my stomach. Please help.

Dr. Prathap

#

After seeing your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this is what I feel.

• The issue with your stomach and constipation is related to your lifestyle only.
  • It appears that the level of physical activity is very less in your case and so you are facing these problems.
  • Have a check on the diet you take. Have a fiber-rich diet, so that it will solve the problem of constipation and also will help to reduce the abdominal fat.
  • Practice regular physical exercises and concentrate more on abdominal exercises.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for replying. Can you please tell me what to do for my constipation problem? I am having this for some years now.

Dr. Prathap

#

• As I have already mentioned above, take a fiber-rich diet like banana, green leafy vegetables, etc.
  • If the constipation problem is not improved, then try taking medicines.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why do women become fat during or after pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know why do women become fat during or after pregnancy?  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »