Q. Please guide me whether a girl with low WBC faces difficulty in getting pregnant.

I want to marry a girl, but she has low white blood cells range. My family is not allowing me to get married to her. They are saying that she is unhealthy and cannot get pregnant. Please guide me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Let me start by saying that, you can go ahead and marry.
  • WBC (white blood cell) count has no connection with her getting pregnant. But I would be interested in what is this low range you are measuring.
  • There is nothing much to worry about the reduction of WBC only. If count very high, this can mean infection, which can be treated with antibiotics. Only if all blood cells including RBC (red blood cells) and platelets are reduced, then it is of significance and needs evaluation.
  • Kindly get a complete blood count, which includes even the final details and if further clarification needed, then have a peripheral smear of blood to see the details of WBC and remaining cells.
  • If she is young with regular cycles and you have a good sperm count, then nothing can stop them meeting and have a baby.

For further doubts consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

| 

Is it true that gastric metaplasia is a precancerous lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, After testing positive for celiac disease, I had an EGD and biopsy three weeks ago. The pathology report stated that I had marked acute and chronic inflammation with severe reactive epithelial changes including villus blunting and gastric metaplasia. I was negative for H. pylori as I was ...  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Why are dual marker tests and other tests done during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My age is 38. My doctor prescribed dual marker test. My PAPP-A report is 1.88 mIU/ml, while FB-hCG is 28.2 ng/ml. NT is 0.90 mm (.65 MoM). Biochem risk +NT is 1:4730, age risk 1:189, trisomy 13/18 + NT is < 1:10000. I am worried about my reports, whether it ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now