Q. Please guide me whether a girl with low WBC faces difficulty in getting pregnant.

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2021

I want to marry a girl, but she has low white blood cells range. My family is not allowing me to get married to her. They are saying that she is unhealthy and cannot get pregnant. Please guide me.

#

• Let me start by saying that, you can go ahead and marry.
  • WBC (white blood cell) count has no connection with her getting pregnant. But I would be interested in what is this low range you are measuring.
  • There is nothing much to worry about the reduction of WBC only. If count very high, this can mean infection, which can be treated with antibiotics. Only if all blood cells including RBC (red blood cells) and platelets are reduced, then it is of significance and needs evaluation.
  • Kindly get a complete blood count, which includes even the final details and if further clarification needed, then have a peripheral smear of blood to see the details of WBC and remaining cells.
  • If she is young with regular cycles and you have a good sperm count, then nothing can stop them meeting and have a baby.

For further doubts consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|