Q. Please guide me whether a girl with low WBC faces difficulty in getting pregnant.

Published on Mar 06, 2017

I want to marry a girl, but she has low white blood cells range. My family is not allowing me to get married to her. They are saying that she is unhealthy and cannot get pregnant. Please guide me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Let me start by saying that, you can go ahead and marry.
  • WBC (white blood cell) count has no connection with her getting pregnant. But I would be interested in what is this low range you are measuring.
  • There is nothing much to worry about the reduction of WBC only. If count very high, this can mean infection, which can be treated with antibiotics. Only if all blood cells including RBC (red blood cells) and platelets are reduced, then it is of significance and needs evaluation.
  • Kindly get a complete blood count, which includes even the final details and if further clarification needed, then have a peripheral smear of blood to see the details of WBC and remaining cells.
  • If she is young with regular cycles and you have a good sperm count, then nothing can stop them meeting and have a baby.

For further doubts consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

Is it true that gastric metaplasia is a precancerous lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, After testing positive for celiac disease, I had an EGD and biopsy three weeks ago. The pathology report stated that I had marked acute and chronic inflammation with severe reactive epithelial changes including villus blunting and gastric metaplasia. I was negative for H. pylori as I was ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here according to your history, you were positive for gluten disease. So, you might have done tissue transglutaminase antibody testing. It is very sensitive for that and then, a biopsy for confirmation. In histopathology report, villous blunting present but intra-epithel...  Read Full

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full >>

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do CBC (complete blood count) and a chest x-ray before starting Dexona (Dexamethasone) as it is a steroid. Also, there may be a history of childhood asthma (hyper-reactive airway disease) and it is better to be sure before giving this medicine. This mostly looks li...  Read Full

Why are dual marker tests and other tests done during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My age is 38. My doctor prescribed dual marker test. My PAPP-A report is 1.88 mIU/ml, while FB-hCG is 28.2 ng/ml. NT is 0.90 mm (.65 MoM). Biochem risk +NT is 1:4730, age risk 1:189, trisomy 13/18 + NT is < 1:10000. I am worried about my reports, whether it ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heartiest congratulations for your second pregnancy. Well, there is a generalized increased risk with increased age of mother. You are above 35 years, so considering it as an elderly pregnancy, increased surveillance for congenital or chromosomal abnormalities in the ba...  Read Full

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now