Q. What causes lump at the base of chin?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Jun 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

I have lump at the base of chin in the middle, where it meets the curve of neck. The size is a little smaller than a dime. Only you can feel that but not see. I was having discomfort for a month on the left side like I have to move my neck but has stopped now. Then noticed the round lump about four days ago. It does not hurt.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I need to examine either this is lipoma or enlarged lymph nodes. If possible, send images.

I have attached the files.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please explain any other associated problem in detail.

I have had Doxycycline100 mg for a week combined with Azithromycin. Azithromycin 500 mg is what I thinkhas caused swelling in my neck. So, I stopped taking it and neck swelling went down. That is when my neck was feeling weird for a month like it was on a nerve. It feels better whenever I take Benadryl. When the weird feeling went away, that is when I noticed the lump.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

If you feel persisting swelling there and feel difficulty while swallowing, then go for neck USG. Otherwise, wait another 2 to 4 weeks to go down, if still persists, then do USG neck and rule out other possible causes.

Is there any cure for lipoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »

Can a lump on the head be treated with medication?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom aged 52 years has got a small lump on her head three years back. Although it was not causing any pain, she is just curious to know if it can get treated by medication. She felt that its size increased slightly, but she does not prefer surgery. For your information, the present ...  Read Full »

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full »