Q. What causes lump at the base of chin?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

I have lump at the base of chin in the middle, where it meets the curve of neck. The size is a little smaller than a dime. Only you can feel that but not see. I was having discomfort for a month on the left side like I have to move my neck but has stopped now. Then noticed the round lump about four days ago. It does not hurt.

#

I need to examine either this is lipoma or enlarged lymph nodes. If possible, send images.

I have attached the files.

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please explain any other associated problem in detail.

I have had Doxycycline100 mg for a week combined with Azithromycin. Azithromycin 500 mg is what I thinkhas caused swelling in my neck. So, I stopped taking it and neck swelling went down. That is when my neck was feeling weird for a month like it was on a nerve. It feels better whenever I take Benadryl. When the weird feeling went away, that is when I noticed the lump.

#

If you feel persisting swelling there and feel difficulty while swallowing, then go for neck USG. Otherwise, wait another 2 to 4 weeks to go down, if still persists, then do USG neck and rule out other possible causes.

|