Q. How to remove lung calcification?

Answered by Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Lung Calcification or Tuberculosis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to remove lung calcification?

I was diagnosed with pulmonary nodule calcifications in my upper lung early this year. They were not present in the same report investigations performed last year.

I want to get these removed through surgery, since they keep posing problems while applying visa and abroad work permit.

Can you please let me know the drawbacks and long term effects of having the calcifications removed through thoracoscopic surgery?

I have type 1 diabetes mellitus and I am taking Insulin for it.