Q. What causes sudden white haziness?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Mar 14, 2019

Sometimes, when I am doing stuff, my vision makes it seem like there is a white haze, like heaven, I guess. Like everything has a white haze light. It is pure not like fog or a dirty color. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes, other times a few seconds. Sometimes I see it, other times weeks pass without seeing it.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

There are a number of causes which could lead to such a problem. In the eyes, macular degeneration can cause problems like a distortion of images, also called metamorphopsia and a drop in vision. Retinal detachment can cause flashes of light which come and go in an instant especially on eye movements. It also causes a drop in vision and floaters on your field of vision. The posterior vitreous detachment also causes flashes of light without a drop in vision.

So, what I mean to say is eye related problems will have accompanying eye-related symptoms, other than just a white light. Coming to other causes, fortification spectra are seen in some cases of migraine and are usually described as multi-colored lights just before the patient experiences headaches.

These are the most common causes which can lead to a feeling of seeing light. In case you feel like you fit into one of the above, there is no need to worry as most of these are treatable. In case you feel you do not have anything in common with the above, please let me know about your condition in further details, example what causes this light to come, is it accompanied by any physical symptoms, does it arise while you are in a certain place or while doing a specific action.

How long can uveitis persist before there can be a permanent eye damage?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has been diagnosed with posterior idiopathic uveitis, and she also has type 1 diabetes. The diagnosis was made about six weeks ago, and three weeks ago she was put on Prednisone, but I am not sure. Her eyesight was originally blurred around the periphery, which became clear...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permanent vision damage occurs due to many causes like cystoid macular edema, glaucoma, or neovascularization, leading to retinal detachment. It is tough to comment if any of these will happen to your kid or not. Moreover, it is tough to predict the occurrence of this...  Read Full

From the reports, can you tell me if I have ARMD or CSR?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. 15 days ago, my left eye vision started getting distorted. I have no pain, and I never had any eye problem nor did anyone in my family. I went to the doctor, and the doctor did not give me any diagnosis so far. After a few scans, first one was taken 10 days ago and t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to comment without examining your retina or your scans. As you mentioned there was blood at the fovea, this is suggestive of wet ARMD (age-related macular degeneration) rather than CSR (central serous retinopathy). Moreover, injection is advised f...  Read Full

Can divergent eye squint be treated with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complete retinal detachment in my left eye from an early age (11 to 12), went to many places including renowned eye care hospitals but nothing worked. Anyways, after a few days my left eye started to go outward and within a short time went completely outward (divergent squint...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bhavna
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you have mentioned that you have had a total retinal detachment (RD) in your LE during childhood, I would like to emphasize on the fact that RD surgery will not help in improving your vision. The squint you are talking about is an adaptive mechanism of the e...  Read Full