Q. Is it safe to smoke marijuana following a root canal treatment?

Dr. K Shobana

Is it safe or risk to my healing process, if I smoke marijuana following a root canal treatment?

#

It is not safe to smoke marijuana after a root canal treatment. It can increase the pain in the root canal treated tooth. It delays the healing process, and it causes pain. If there is a pain, you can consider taking medications prescribed by your dentist. Stop smoking marijuana, and it is not good for your oral health now. Frequent smoking of marijuana causes dry mouth, and you are at high risk of developing gum disease. Avoid smoking marijuana, and it is good for your health.

|